General Access Policy
- The Business Library is open to Golden Gate University students, faculty, staff, and select other groups and individuals.
- Alumni, guests, and others may be granted access to the library. Please see details below.
- A GGU ID card is required for entry to the libraries.
The Business Library website provides links to a variety of resources including the library catalog, databases, research guides, and course reserves. Access to subscription databases is generally restricted to current students, faculty, and staff.
The Business Library provides wireless Internet access for students, faculty, staff, and guests.
- Inquire about Alumni Access in person at the Business Library Information Desk or by calling 415-442-7242.
- All GGU alumni with a valid GGU Alumni Library card from the Law or Business Libraries may enter either library and use or borrow circulating materials. Many databases are also available for use in the Business Library.
- New Alumni Cards must be requested in person in order to verify identity, but Alumni Card renewals for existing card holders may be mailed to the library by utilizing this form. The Alumni status can be applied to your original student ID or the library can issue a new Alumni Card.
- Membership for alumni is free for two years. The alumni membership cost after two years is $25 annually. Lost cards have a $10 replacement fee.
- Access to library databases:
- Most Business Library databases are available for alumni use while on campus, but off-campus access is restricted to a few select databases due to licensing restrictions.
- Group study rooms are restricted to currently-enrolled students only.
- See the Alumni Services Guide for more information.
- Guests are required to sign in, stay with their host, and depart the library when their host leaves.
- Students, staff and faculty who would like to bring guests to the Library are welcome to do so on a limited basis.
OTHER ACCESS (LAW LIBRARY)
Patrons who may use the library without a current access card include:
- Those requesting use of Federal and California depository documents via the Law Library.
- ABA approved Bay Area law students, faculty and administrators with school identification.
- Student ID from other law schools must be for the current term. (Reciprocal access must be available to GGU students and faculty).
- ABA approved law non-bay area law students can access the law library with special permission from the Law Library Director or Associate Director.
- Judges and court administrators with appropriate identification.
- Day passes are not available for Business Library access.
- Day passes for Law Library access are available from the Law Library.
- Day passes do not include borrowing privileges.