General Access Policy
The GGU Business Library is open to Golden Gate University students, faculty, staff, and select other groups and individuals.
Alumni, guests, other individuals may be granted access to the library, see details below.
A GGU ID card is required for entry to the Business Library.
The Business Library website provides links to a variety of resources including library catalog, databases, research guides, and course reserves. Access to subscription databases is restricted to current students, faculty, and staff.
The Business Library provides wireless Internet access for students, faculty, staff, and guests.
- All GGU alumni with a valid GGU Alumni Library card from the Law or Business Libraries may enter either library and use or check-out circulating materials.
- Inquire about Alumni Access in person at the Information Desk or phone (415) 442-7242.
- Fill out Alumni Library Card application form. (Use your original student ID, or the library will issue a card).
- Free membership for alumni for two years. Alumni Membership after two years: $25 annual fee.
- Lost cards - $10 replacement fee.
- Access to library databases
- Available to alumni on campus, but off-campus access to databases is restricted to current GGU students, faculty and staff - with the exception of Sage Databases.
- Alumni currently have remote access to the SAGE databases. When connecting to SAGE from off-campus, use the second login option to authenticate as a GGU alumni (Login with library identification). SAGE Journals. SAGE Knowledge. SAGE Research Methods.
- Group study rooms are available to currently enrolled students only.
- See the Alumni Services and Benefits page for more information.
- Guests are required to sign in, stay with their host, and depart the library when their host leaves.
- Students, staff and faculty who would like to bring guests to the Library are welcome to do so on a limited basis.
OTHER ACCESS (LAW LIBRARY)
Patrons who may use the library without a current access card include:
- Those requesting use of Federal and California depository documents via the Law Library.
- ABA approved Bay Area law students, faculty and administrators with school identification.
- Student ID from other law schools must be for the current term. (Reciprocal access must be available to GGU students and faculty).
- ABA approved law non-bay area law students can access the law library with special permission from the Law Library Director or Associate Director.
- Judges and court administrators with appropriate identification.
- Day passes are not available for Business Library access.
- Day passes for Law Library access are available from the Law Library.
- Day passes do not include borrowing privileges.