All current GGU students, faculty, staff and alumni members can borrow circulating materials.
GGU faculty can check-out non-circulating materials with permission of a librarian.
Different material types have varied borrowing times:
- Regular Books = 21 days
- Course Reserves = 2 hours, 2 days, or 7 days
- Videos / DVDs = 7 Days
25 items maximum may be checked out at a time.
Reference materials and periodicals cannot be checked out of the library.
Materials may be renewed three times before it is necessary to return the item(s) to the library.
Renewals may be done over the phone (415-442-7242) or online by logging into you Library Account.
If items are overdue, they will accrue fines at the following rates:
- 2 hour Reserve Items = $.25 per hour
- 2, 7 and 21 day Items = $.25 per day
- Recalled Items = $1.00 per day
- $30.00 if the item is returned
- $60.00 if the item is lost or not returned
- Unpaid fines are charged to your student account
- Registrar's office will withhold registration, diploma and/or transcripts until the fine is paid