- All current Golden Gate University students, faculty, staff and Alumni members can borrow circulating materials.
- GGU faculty can check-out non-circulating materials with permission of a librarian.
- Loan periods vary depending on material type and subject area.
- Circulating Materials can be checked out from the main level or plaza level of the library.
- Reserve materials must be checked out and returned from their respective areas (Law-Plaza Level), (Business -Main level)
The different materials of the library have varied borrowing times:
- Regular Books = 21 days
- Videos / DVDs = 7 Days
- Reserve Materials = 2 hours, 2 days , or 7 days.
Reference materials and Periodicals cannot be checked out of the library. >25 items maximum may be checked out at a time.
Materials may be renewed three times before it is necessary to return the item(s) to the library. Renewals may be done over the phone (415-442-7242) or online by logging into you Library Account.
If items are overdue, they will accrue fines at the following rates:
- 2 hour Reserve Items = $.25 per hour
- 2, 7 and 21 day Items = $.25 per day
- Recalled Items = $1.00 per day
- $35.00 if the item is returned
- $60.00 if the item is lost or not returned
- Unpaid fines are charged to your student account
- Registrar's office will withhold registration, diploma and/or transcripts until the fine is paid